The first program to install on an pocketpc phone edition or smartphone edition is a good file explorer. For years I’ve been using Resco File Explorer on both operating systems.
The combination of a good userinterface and loads of features, like the build-in registry editor and build-in ftp client, makes it a really nice piece of software, which is worth every penny. Like the development of the 2007 version, Resco has put a public beta on their forums for the 2008-version. [ref03]
With this approach I personally like the fact the Resco uses large ammounts of customer feedback for the further development of the software. As a customer it’s cool to contribute to the enhancement of the software you already like.
Resco already provides a list of new features and bug-fixes: [ref03]
- Popup menu: added missing commands
- Navigation bar fixed
- Favorites list fixed + new “Add To Favorites” button
- RAR Highlighting
- separate Toolbar settings for portrait/landscape
- Double-tap activation bug fix
- Multi-selection fixed
- saving Touch-mode settings fixed
Features not in the list, but available in the beta are: [ref02]
- Touch control support
- Side letter navigation bar
- File search filter
- Find content-related files in the virtual folders
- Customizable toolbar
- AS Zip encryption, Secure FTP
With al the user input I think there are even more nice options possible. So don’t waste your time and grab your download here, and provide the developers with useful feedback. Personally I would like to see support for the apptodate utility of Modaco. What would you like to see ??
- Pocketinfo article (in Dutch)
- MoDaCo article
- Resco Forums
- Download Resco Explorer 2008 beta